Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baby's First Thanksgiving

We celebrated Sadie's first Thanksgiving with Logan's family this year.  Alicia's family had dinner with us, and it was so great spending a whole afternoon with them and their silly kids.
Sadie basically thought the food was totally uneventful, and slept through the whole dinner.  However, she sure does love going to Grandma Deana's because she gets passed around the whole time.  She's a social butterfly and loves to snuggle, smile, and talk to everyone around her.  The food was great, but the company was even better!

We had a game and pie night at Grandma Belnap's later that evening, which was super fun.  As long as I can remember, PIE has been the big to do at Thanksgiving with the Belnaps...not turkey...it's all about the pie, and there are always close to a dozen varieties to choose from.  It was fun to be able to see both sides of our family on that day.  I LOVE OUR FAMILY!!!

As we sat down for dinner, I leaned over to Logan and asked him if last year at Thanksgiving dinner he thought we would be parents by the next year.  We thought maybe we might be pregnant, or still even trying to get pregnant by the next holiday season, but we didn't think that she would already be here!  I am so glad she came when she did, because she is the best thing in our lives.

I am so grateful for my sweet husband and for the wonderful job he has to provide for us.  I am grateful for the opportunities we have had to get us through school almost debt free.  I am grateful for our apartment we live in, for the shelter it provides, and the loving landlords we have upstairs.  I am grateful for our neighborhood and the friendships we have made since living there.  I am grateful that we have a running car that has good gas mileage, and has been so great for our little family.  I am grateful that I have been able to continue teaching dance after having Sadie, my boss is amazing and so supportive of me.  I am so grateful that we have all of our family so close so we can visit them often.  I am grateful that Sadie will grow up knowing her family and being close to her cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.  Most of all, I am grateful that I have the gospel in my life, for the joy and peace it brings, and the knowledge that I can be sealed to my family forever.  I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and for the love he has for me, individually.  I know he knows who I am, and that he loves me, and I love him.

We are so incredibly blessed, and I am so grateful for the life I am living, and all of the wonderful things in it.

1 comment:

  1. simply Beautiful. You make me feel blessed to know you. Keep being strong, and enjoying each moment that Motherhood brings! --lots of love!

    ReplyDelete