Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July 2011

The 4th of July, to the Belnap family, is practically our summer Christmas. It's a huge deal. I love, love, love the 4th of July. Every year for as long as I can remember, we go up to my parents' hometown for a chuck wagon breakfast, then watch a parade, and then we have a big family bbq and swim party at my grandma's sister's house. This year we got to celebrate with my family on the Saturday before, and I forgot to take pictures...but it was a lot of fun!
The actual 4th, we went to a hot air balloon launch with Logan's family. It was kind of windy, and they weren't actually able to get the balloons off the ground, but they still blew them up and let us walk around. Logan loved the Darth Vadar balloon the best :)
Ever since I was little I have LOVED hot air balloons, so this festival is so fun for me every year.
Later that day we had a bbq with Logan's family, and I made this delicious "Fruit of July Pizza" that made me feel uber-domestic, and was really fun to make. As my mother in law put it...strawberries, blueberries, and chocolate, how does it get better than that!?

That night we went to watch fireworks with my parents, and it was a great show. Baby Spence was so jumpy the whole time, she does NOT like loud noises I guess.

It was a great 4th...all the way up until Logan decided to give us another fireworks display and throw up all over my parents' bushes in their front yard. Kid never gets sick, so it was kind of scary to see him not feeling well, but two days later he was fit as a fiddle.

It was a great year, and I'm so excited for next year to be able to dress our baby girl up all patriotic and be able to watch her experience her first 4th of July (even if she won't remember it at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment