Saturday, February 20, 2010

I may or may not be becoming addicted...

I'm becoming addicted to blogging. Two posts in two days and a new background? Yeah.
I teach dance at an after school ballroom program and I've had a few kids compete this semester. It's been really fun watching them improve in class, as well as hearing about their experiences with competitions. Today was the first day I got to go and watch my students dance! I had two couples compete and they did great! Considering they just started dancing this year and they were competing against those crazy BYU Youth dancers, I was so proud of them. They didn't make call backs, but they stayed on rhythm (most of the time) and they had a lot of fun. Watching them come off the floor with new found excitement for performing for other people and being so proud of what they have been working for was so rewarding for me. I was so nervous before they were about to dance, Logan told me I needed to chill, but I was so happy to watch them. Here's a picture right before they were about to go on. Man, I love my job.

After the comp we got to help with Braxton's birthday party. Favorite quote of the day:

"Knock knock, who's there, rootbeer splashed all over your face. HAHAHAHA!!" Gotta love 5 year old humor.

Also, we got to go to lunch today with Mark and Angie. We went to Purple Turtle and ended up talking and laughing and inhabitting one of their booths for 3 hilarious hours. I'm glad we're getting along this well!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere my fellow addict :) see! I totally read your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love love love to find something like this for my boys (you know, once they're both old enough to walk and stuff).

    That said, it sounds like you need to take some huge deep breaths, some big steps back, and have some deep conversations with your husband about what your collective long term goals and priorities are. Part of being married is often relegating things that you were able to spend more time/money/energy on when you were single, because you've collectively decided you're going to do what's best for your new little family, not what's best for you as individuals.

    And lots and lots of prayer helps!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete