Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dear Gavin...

Dear Gavin Jay,

My Gavvy Boy. You have transformed from a shy boy that kept to himself to a fun, energetic boy that loves to dig right in there and get in the middle of the action. You have turned into a little "roaring" machine. This is your favorite thing to do right before you chase before Uncle Logan, and he loves it every time. He loves that you will wrestle with him, and let him throw you around. I think that's how he tells you all he loves you, and he's really liking that you'll let him "love" you now.

You are such a sweet boy. You are the one that runs right to me to give me the biggest hug. Your face lights up every time you see Logan or me, and it makes me feel like I'm on top of the world. You are so loving, and not afraid to show it.

I love that you are talking more now. You say the cutest things that I would never expect to come out of you. I love that you are more adventurous now. You tackled that playground last night with vigor. You couldn't get enough of the slides and monkey bars (with us holding you up, but you totally held on all by yourself when I let you go for a few seconds at a time). You even wanted to get your little doggies in on the fun, and took them down the slides too.

You are so sweet with animals, in your own little way. You carry Emma around everywhere, making her play with you. You just love her so much. When we took you to my parents' house to see the baby bunnies, you kept petting them and whispering "Soft, soft soft." You got so excited when we actually put one on your lap for you to hold. The joy on your face was so incredible.

You make me so excited to have little boys. I'm still hesitant to how I'll be able to mother them after only having little sisters in my life, but you are so sweet and easy to love, you make me feel a little more confident in how I'll handle my own sons.

Thank you for being such a sweet, kind, funny, and lovable nephew. I love watching you learn and grow. I can't believe how big you are getting already, but it seems the bigger you get, the more surprises you have in you to keep me on my toes.

I love you Gavvy,

Love,
Aunt Camille


No comments:

Post a Comment