Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween...first holiday with a baby!

Honestly, I'm not the most festive person when it comes to Halloween.  I love the idea of being festive, but I'm just not.  I have no big traditions for the holiday, but I would love to adopt a few.  I love dressing up in costumes, but I hate trying to figure out what to be, and then getting the costume together--yeah right.  I especially love the idea of forcing convincing Logan to do a cutesy couple-y costume with me, but I'm too lazy to put in the effort.


Logan did get in a bit of the spirit and dressed as a Pharmacy Tech who is a dad...complete with Smith-Rexall scrubs and spit up all down his chest, courteous of our most favorite baby.  Woo, party with the Spences', I know.

I think it will become more fun as Sadie gets older and gets excited about more than milk and fresh diapers.  When I have someone to be festive for, I think it will be more exciting to decorate the whole house, figure out her costumes, and go trick or treating, so I have not given up on the holiday quite yet.


My parents bought Sadie this adorable costume in Disneyland.  I love Disney, I love my baby, and I love having my baby dressed up as a Disney character.

I always think she is cute, but I literally squealed, giggled, and squished her little cheeks about one million times after dressing her in this.  I mean, come on, isn't she the cutest little Tinkerbell you have EVER seen?

The costume even came with wings that velcro on and off, you know, for car seat purposes.

We trick or treated to Grandmas' houses, then went home to watch "Young Frankenstein," a movie I had forgotten was so funny.  

A pretty boring holiday, but dang we had one cutie patootie baby to dress up.  I just love her to pieces.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with what you said: It'll be more fun when she's older. This was our first Halloween that was really a blast! Previous years were fun too, but Aria was about as old as Sadie for her first. Last year she was barely a year and wasn't totally getting the hollabaloo (sp?). This year, she and ben rocked it!!!
    Sadie is so cute! I love that photo. I want to kiss her cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such an adorable Tinkerbelle! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same with Halloween. This was our first year attempting to dress Charlotte up. She hates dressing up. Hopefully next year goes smoother. So do it while they have no say and can't put up a fight! :) And Young Frankenstein is such a classic! Love Mel Brooks stuff!

    ReplyDelete