Saturday, November 13, 2010

Limeade Chicken Deliciousness

My birthmom, Carrin, has this older brother named Jerry. He passed away before we met each other, so I don't really know much about him, except that he's wonderfully kind, spiritual, and just sounds really awesome. And he has this really awesome recipe he made up called "Limeade Chicken." I'm always up for a new recipe, so I nabbed this recipe from Carrin, and ended up LOVING it.

Limeade Chicken

1/3 c. frozen limeade or lemonade concentrate (thawed)
1/3 c. honey
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 t. celery or poppy seed
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. marjoram
1/4 t. salt

And I had a fresh lime on hand, so I zested that up and juiced it right in too.

Mix up in a large ziplock baggie, add chicken, and marinade for several hours, or overnight. Grill, bake, whatever ya gotta do to get the chicken cooked. I used my George Foreman Grill, and it turned out splendidly.

I made a bit more marinade and took some out before I added the chicken to use as a glaze later, which I later patted myself on the back for the genius-ness of this. I served the chicken over rice and with steamed carrots, which I covered with the glaze, and a green salad on the side. It was super moist, full of flavor, and just yummy and fresh! And the Hubby loved it!

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

And pictures of the new place are forthcoming. We need a new name for it, but how can you top the Love Shack?

No comments:

Post a Comment